Rwaganika & Company Advocates is amongst the few firms in the country with a niche expertise in the Aviation industry, an area that demands a differentiated and unique set of skills. Our leadership in this space is a result of rich experience across a variety of transactions and structures.
The Firm has advised financial investors, lenders and leasing companies on aircraft financing transactions and strategic issues in connection with repossession of aircraft and aircraft engines – both, hostile and consensual. We work closely with banks, export credit agencies, financial institutions, leasing companies and airline operators.
Our Works Include:-
- Negotiations for purchase agreements with manufacturers and other owners of aircraft on various commercial, legal and regulatory issues
- Advising clients on issues relating to setting up of an airline in India and investment in the aviation sector
- Counsel on issues related to foreign direct investment in the aviation sector
- Structuring and tax related issues for financing and leasing of aircrafts into India and financing and leasing of engines into India, aircraft heavy and general maintenance contracts, MRO and related works contracts, and GTAs with service providers
- Negotiating documentation for commercial short and long-term debt towards the acquisition cost of the aircraft, finance and operating lease agreements, finance lease agreements, security documents and related documents.